Sunday, June 17, 2012

So What Happens Now?

So the last chapter is over. Katie's story has been told, with your help, and it was a fun, crazy experience.

I had no idea where this story was going to end up, but, thanks to your creative ideas and input, I think we took Katie, Anne, Melissa, and Eoin to some pretty great places.

So what happens now? Is the adventure over?

Of course not!

While I'll be leaving this blog up as a sort of archive, I'm going to transfer all the chapters onto my computer and edit them into something that resembles something slightly more novel-like. This will take some time, because I would really like to edit it well, get some people to read it, that kind of thing. So what we've completed is really only the first draft in a long journey towards turning Katie's story into a real, honest-to-goodness book. And once it's ready and I'm confident I've made it perfect, then I'll see if anyone wants to make it a book for us!

But, you say, the publishing racket is tough. What if no one wants to buy it?

Then I suppose I venture into self-publishing. After all, you guys, we wrote an awesome story. It deserves to be read! So if no one wants to buy our book and publish it, we will just have to make an eBook.

So, to sum up, I present my plan:

1. Edit
2. Publish somehow.
3. Share our story with the world.

Hooray! I'll keep you posted with updates on Katie's journey into noveland.

xo Jenny


1 comment:

  1. A short introduction.
    Live in Regina

    I'm currently finishing off the writing of two books; Chambers Bay Walking Tour, and Cottage Kitchen Design. Both are the first in a planned series. The first one is about my love of photography and my second one is my love for architectural design.

    First published book
    Fox Harb'r Golf Resort & Spa Walking Tour
    itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9780988028104

    I'm a Design Builder which means I work with clients to design their homes or business facilities and help them through the building stages until the keys are turned over. An end to end service.

    BLOG "Design & Details Matter
    I'm currently discussing Cottage Kitchen Design - From my book with the same title.
    http://gjconstructs.wordpress.com/

    Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/gjconstructs/

    July 4th 2012 Editorial in PINK magazine for Saskatchewan Women

    ReplyDelete